Monday, December 27, 2010

Comfort Techniques

I love Judi's post on stacked journaling and I'm off to try that. We're all getting ready for the challenge, gathering tools and clearning work space. The first thing I did was write my name in my sketchbook. I chose that page for some "comfort" techniques. Drawing simple shapes, sketching them with thread on the sewing machine and adding a sprinkling of text from old books. Why not start your first page with familiar things, as preparation for the challenge ahead? When I find myself outside my comfort zone, I often return to my favorite ways of expressing myself. Find the joy. Kelli

5 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I'm looking forward to it...I'm all set too....looking forward to it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelli! This is a great suggestion. I am definitely going to try using watercolors in my sketchbook, even though this is sort of unfamiliar territory. The simple shapes makes it approachable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a flash on those poetry words you can stick
    on the fridge- I am always trying to get "Up
    off the page" ! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is an old post, but it's the first time I've read it. I've never considered 'comfort' art and started wondering if I have any of that, and I think my recent adoption of markers and ink has become 'comfort' art

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.