Friday, December 31, 2010

Get Ready...Set...

"Go" is almost here!

Carol Sloan here.

And if you're like me, you might be having a difficult time making your mind up about which sketchbook to use for the challenge.

If you are, there is one thing that you could do until you make your mind up.

Use single sheets until you decide on which book to use.

When I do this, I try to leave a good 1/2" on the left hand side of the page so that I can attach it into a book form at a later date.
I'll be posting some photos later showing the way that I do this.

So - if you find that you're indecisive or running behind or just uninspired at this point -
grab a few sheets of fairly heavy paper.

I love 67 pound Exact Vellum Bristol (Wausau Paper) (Staples, Office Depot about $13 bucks for 250 sheets!).

You would be surprised at how much paint/water/collage fodder you can throw on the page and it still holds up.

I'm wishing you all a Happy New Year - one filled to the brim with creativity and courage.

1 comment:

  1. I have decided not to fret too much about what I will be using. Here are some of the things I have been and will continue to be using...as I mention in my vid, I am not very consistent at this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwkD69popQ

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.