Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A couple of sketches and a radio interview

Sue (left) Jane (right)

Yesterday I had the pleasure of finally getting to meet Jane Davies in person.  I first met Jane a couple of years ago online when she emailed me and asked if I would be interested in making a couple of pieces for her new book Adventures in Mixed Media: Collage Stitch, Fuse and Journal Your Way to a More Creative Life due out in April.  I found out that Jane was teaching a dream house collage workshop at Ink About It (a terrific place to take a class by the way) and so I signed up.    Jane is a terrific teach so if you ever get the opportunity to take a class with her don't hesitate to sign up.  Here we are taking a break from the class and posing with our sketchbooks.

The image showing on the page of my book is another highly prized sketch.  It's a watercolor of the sunrise through my studio window which most mornings I have the pleasure of watching.  It's my favorite way to start the day.  

Another image from my challenge sketchbook...

One of the things I'd like to be able to draw well are birds.  We get a wide range of birds at our feeders and so this year I am going to focus a lot of my sketching and drawing time to practicing drawing them.  This is my first attempt and I have a long way to go but it's a start!

My radio interview with Artistically Speaking Radio is scheduled for Sunday the 16th!  All the details about how you can listen to the show and submit questions live during the interview are here.   You can get the complete interview schedule for all the challenge artists here.  


  1. Thanks, Sue, for the compliment on my teaching. It was so great to meet you in person! We certainly had a great group of gals. I'm gladn Ink About It is on board as a sponsor; I know this blog will be immensely inspiring to their customers.

  2. How wonderful ! It is on my punch list for this year to travel to one of your studios for a class. I so admire both of your work and I am so encouraged by this challenge. After the death of my Husband in July 09 my muse died with him. She is returning and this challenge is the perfect way to encourage my creativity once again. Thank you ....blessings...

  3. Well, lovely people.. I did it.. I put my first sketch on my blog and on flckr. Here is my blog post.. I hope other will join.

  4. Check this out Sue, Micron pens might be great for this project.

  5. Sounds like a great class! I like the beginning sketches of the birdies.

  6. Here's a better link to my blog:
    (folks were having trouble with it..thanks)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.