Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge Video by Violette

I created this video yesterday for the start of the Sketchbook Challenge. My apologies for getting the numbers wrong about the artists involved in the Challenge. I'm still on holiday mode!

I can't wait to get started on The "Highly Prized Challenge" - well actually i did by sketching in Plein air (with snow all around) a tree in the backyard. I love to hug trees, feel their rough bark and simply derive energy from their life giving form! I thought it would be fitting to begin a sketch to honour my beloved backyard tree! I'll show you the sketch after i work on it some more!


  1. I enjoyed seeing your different sketchbooks and such. You sound like me when describing what's in your journals. Although, you have far more books than I showed in my video.

    Thanks for sharing. You gave me some ideas to share with my students and their language arts journals.

    It's gonna be fun.


  2. Thank you, Violette, for the tour of your sketchbooks. They are lovely and inspiring. I like that you've used video to describe them.

  3. Thank you Annemarie and FunkyC!
    Annemarie - i'm happy you will be sharing some ideas with your students! Fun!

    Love, Violette

  4. Hey Violette! OMG! You are just an amazing woman! I love listening to you, love listening about your passion for just ooze creativity! AND, I LOVE your coat...very bohemian!!! Love you dear friend! Hugs!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.