Sunday, February 6, 2011


Hi, Carol Sloan here. I wanted to add just a quick little sketch...Jane LaFazio style.
At present time, I don't have any online classes up (although I plan on doing that this year) but I wanted to tell you all about a really good sketching/watercolor class by one of our "Sketchbook Challenge" artists, Jane LaFazio.
Check out her classes on Joggles if you want a good watercolor/sketching class right NOW (you can take my class later this year!).
The sketch above is just a quick little exercise in sketching what's in front of you. I decided to do a couple of them, use the opposite color combos and have my first "Opposites" theme for this month done. Although I can see that the brown color (around the right side word "key") is a little different than the brown color around the left side key drawing...
Did that make sense? I believe that I added more blue to the one on the left hand side.

Speaking of sketching/drawing classes, I may not have online classes right now but I do have an "in person" drawing class scheduled this year. I'll be teaching the "Whimsical Mark Marking" class at Textile Evolution in Colorado Springs on August 20, 2011. I'd love for you to join us!

Are you all adding your sketches to the Flicker account? Make sure that you read the directions here and get yourself entered for all those great prizes!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.