Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting Practical with Sketches

Kelli here. I tend to be very practical in the re-use of my sketches and drawings. Once  you've created artwork, it's fun to use it in a variety of ways. I've posted a video tutorial on turning a basic sketch into a soft case for an MP3 player. For mine, I've followed my own basic stitch imagery method, but it's quite adaptable to however you might choose to use your own sketches. In fact, it would be equally scrumptious to just scan and print an existing page from your sketchbooks, without regard to the specific subject. Anything in your sketchbook is fair game for re-use!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial--so inspiring! I'm not sure my (very old!) machines are capapble of "free motion" stitiching, but I'll find out!! I'm so eager to get busy and try a project like this. Thank you, Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful way to reuse your art! I love the demo you provided for how you did the watercolor illustration, and how you transferred it to fabric. Very cool case for your MP3 player. I am definitely going to try this with some of my art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect because I have a great sketch I did and I'd love to make it into something for a friend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With an old machine--usually all you need is a darning foot and a way to cover the feed dogs. I had a really cheap machine before and it had a small plate to cover and then I bought a darning foot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial. Your directions and explanations were clear and the videography was excellent. Thank you for the time you spent preparing this tutorial I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this terrific tutorial. Can't wait to try it! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.