Friday, March 25, 2011

Not yet spilling, but...

Melly here.

I have not yet completed a Spilling Over page, but I do have another installment about painting with watercolor and didn't want to to go missing on this fabulous blog.

You will see that when you don't want a wet-on-wet look, where one color or pool of paint flows magically into another, you will want to keep the areas you are painting separate. They appear almost as islands onto themselves. You can then either dry them with a heat gun, or allow them to dry on their own and paint the remaining areas later. Watercolor and gouache is a magical paint, and requires some finesse. But the beauty of it is luminescent.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the video - I learn a lot from watching you work. Chris
    http://livinginmyhead-lunariaarts.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the teaching video - I saw the earlier vid and am learning a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for explaining how you work. It is really helpful to watch you work as you tell what you're doing and why. This is an appreciation from someone new to paint and who usually makes mud! I love seeing your birds, especially how you do their wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these videos because I feel as if I am right there standing over your shoulder learning exactly what I need to know! Thank you Melly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another inspiring, informative tutorial. I love watching your videos and learn something new each time I view them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful video; thank you so much for sharing!

    My monthly contribution is done. Everyone is invited to have a peek! :)

    http://golightlyplace.blogspot.com/2011/03/messing-around-and-spilling-over.html

    ReplyDelete