Sunday, April 24, 2011

Branching Out all the way to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Jane LaFazio here. I've just returned from teaching a fabulous art retreat in the beautiful colonial city of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. So much color! You can see my photos here, or check my blog, I've been posting the past few days about the trip.
While I was there,  I got some time to draw and paint on my own.
My inked drawing with the subject (an antique wooden cross)
Watercolored, with my paint set on my knee
The completed 5x7" sketchbook page.

4 comments:

  1. There is a song in there somewhere Jane, *Oh, I went to Allende with my paintbox on my knee...* I am really enjoying your postings about that glorious adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful to be able to share your art like this! A lovely setting you painted in; and the result on your page is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the color selections. Stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.