Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Branching Out in Italy

Diana here. I just spent a delicious, deliriously happy week traveling in Italy from Fabriano (yes, where they make the paper) in Le Marche to Assissi in Umbria to Roma. I brought along a watercolor moleskine to work in. You can see the rest of my sketch equipment here on my blog. I travel light! One carry-on is crucial.

The journal came home just about filled. Not just sketches but also writing, stories and impressions. I recorded a ton of information that needs to be sorted out in the same way that you might sort the rest of your luggage contents.

Here is what I'm doing with the sketchbook ...

6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous..effortless. You make it look so easy. A definite Tuscan feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the video!! I loved it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lucky you*L* Can I come next time?:P Great opportuinites for sketching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool Diana, I loved watching you making the page come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your Italy sketchbook with us, Diana. I loved it! It also really made some things click for me as far as sketchbooks and journaling go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing you flip through your sketchbook and quickly viewing the treasures. Thank you for giving us the video showing the progression of your watercolor.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.