Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Branching out into Maps

Hello all, Jill K. Berry here, map maker, explorer, person who branches out. I love this theme and will be working with it enthusiastically this month.

I am a map lover, an arty cartographer, to the extent that I just wrote a book about map making. The book is called Personal Geographies: Explorations in Mixed-Media Mapmaking and it is due out in November this year.

If you have never made a map, it is time to BRANCH OUT and give it a go! Here is a very simple technique to add a map to your journal. This journal is one I made at Journalfest in Port Townsend, Washington. Enjoy!


  1. cool idea! i will be using this as well...thanks for sharing.

  2. oh fun! is it against the rules for you to say the ink brands? I would like to know. Lori from Art Camp for Women

  3. What FUN! Thanks for the demo. Can't wait to see your book; what an intriguing title.

  4. Lori, am fond of Adirondack Inks by Ranger. And also of Snow Mountain Ranch! I live in Boulder.

  5. Great tutorial. I'll certainly be giving this a go:)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.