Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Branching Out: The Sketchbook Project 2012!

Leslie here.  Many of the contributing artists involved in the Sketchbook Challenge were originally participants in the Sketchbook Project, part of the Arthouse Cooperative based in Brooklyn, NY.
Participants select a sketchbook theme, or you may elect to have one randomly assigned to you.  You receive a sketchbook with a barcode attached to the back.  The main rule is that, no matter how you alter the book, the finished surface must remain the original 5.25 x 7.25 area.  The book is similar to a moleskin-style, soft cover book, and is made of 100% recycled 70 lb text-stock paper.  If you submit your book by the deadline it will be included in the book tour.  Please stop by their website to peek at all the places your book will travel!  
I signed up and chose the theme "the writing on the wall".  I hope many of you will consider participating in this project, too.  

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm definitely signed up again and can't wait to get started. This year my theme will be monochromatic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for the Sketchbook Project 2012!! Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm signed up. Now I know what I am doing this summer during the school break. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up the first day. My theme - Stitches and Folds - What else!?!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.