Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tutorial: Sketchbook Slipcover














Lyric here. I love working with fabric and I love sketching. My sketchbooks want to be pretty on the outside - even if they are a mess on the inside.




If you'd like to make a sketchbook slipcover you'll need just enough fabric to wrap your book like a gift (mine is quilted to batting although that is not required.) You'll also need inside fabric that's just a little longer than the fabric you'll use for the outside of the slipcover.


And because I had just enough fabric left over I made a little pencil case. Melanie Testa has a tutorial here so you can make one of those too if you wish.




12 comments:

  1. What a GREAT tutorial!! You don't even want to know how many complicated steps I've been following to make my book covers! Can't wait to try this--so straight-forwad, you made it seem like a process even I can follow-lol!! Thank you! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make it look so easy! i can't wait to try this. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tutorial and some good new tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I don't sew, this was so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! I have way too many nekkied sketchbooks that need dressing up; I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT tutorial. Simple, easy, no iron, no exact measurements and much, much easier than the way I have been doing it. Thank you for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great-I love this and I will definitely do this, more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lyric, this is a GREAT way to cover all those bare sketchbooks! Thanks for such an easy way to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great !! Much nicer than covering with mixed media. Thank you !! My sewing machine will be busy tomorrow !!! LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is terrific and Soo simple.
    Can't wait to try it.
    Thanks Lyric

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for such a great tutorial. I am going to make a journal cover right away for my 2012 sketchbook challenge.
    happy new year

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.