Saturday, May 14, 2011

Resistance is Futile

Hi Sketchbookers, Diana here. I love a good resist. It may be my inner rebel! Here is a YouTube video from awhile back using watercolors and one of my favorite resists: Sakura Glaze and Souffle pens. Use the clear or white pens (or other light, bright color) for the biggest pop! Draw slowly with the pens so you deposit a good bit of the ink. I love crayon resists as well. You know how to do them, right? Of course! Well, if not ... you can find out.

Geek Alert PS : that blog title is from Star Trek, the next generation when the Borg are taking over the Federation. EEEK!

6 comments:

  1. Great video Diana!

    from a fellow next generation geek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! Thank you for the video. I have to try the gel pen. I love crayon resist, I do it with little kids and they call it magic. I just tried alcohol on watercolor today as a matter of fact. I had to work quietly today as my husband was writing a paper for school, so I thoroughly enjoyed your comments as you worked! Also I'm enjoying your book. Anyone who wins it will be lucky indeed. Thanks for all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - I'm so glad that someone else is a geek like me. Great use of the quote too. Thanks for sharing the video! I think I need to find some of those pens. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the excellent video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note on the pens. The Souffle and Glaze pens are the ones you want to use here. Thanks Trekkies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I've ALWAYS wanted pointy ears!!!
    The title quote has been on my mind all month... you are not alone Seven of Nine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.