Friday, June 3, 2011

Art Unraveled, August 1 - 9

Hi! Jane Davies here. I'll be posting my attempts at this month's theme, Pathways, a little later in the month, but I wanted to share with you the news that I am teaching, for the first time, at Art Unraveled!!!

Come join me in Pheonix on August 8 and 9 at ART UNRAVELED!!!! I will be teaching Scribble Collage on August 8, in which we spend the day painting papers using a ZILLION techniques, and then make collages with these yummy materials. On August 9, I will teach New Dimensions in Collage. We make our collages 3-dimensional by creating panels and shadow-boxes with foam core to add depth and layers to our art.

Here is one example of a "Scribble Collage"

I made a collage with my scribble painted papers, and then used the same techniques for painting over them to focus the composition.

A few from a recent "New Dimensions" workshop at Ink About It, which we called "Dream Houses" - same process:

Leslie's piece in progress:

And Pat's:

I hope you can join me in Phoenix for this art extravaganza and total immersion in creativity! To register, go here.

Our own Sketchbook Challenge super heroine Jane LaFazio will be teaching several workshops at Art Unraveled! Check out the whole schedule here. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.