Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Intuitive Pathways

Hi all, Diana here, with an interpretation of Pathways.

A few nights ago ...  sittin' and starin' and thinkin': Pathways? So I just chucked it and started to paint and smear stuff around in my usual devil-may-care approach to art journaling. I had a great time, listening to Tracey Chapman (that's a YouTube link) and just rockin' the paint.

Somewhere along the line, I started to think "neural pathways." That's good stuff but the fact is, I have only the slightest glimmer of what that means. So let's call this "intuitive pathways." It's about relying on intuition, freeing up: flying by the seat of your pants. Connections are magically made, effortlessly.

The only way to ride! This probably works best with good, messy paint and gesso and a soft pencil (that's what I used anyway). Not thinking is good, just reacting and letting your mind roll and doing the next thing that enters.

A nice bonus: all this opening up allowed the name for my next online class to enter my brain:  Art Journal: Intuitive Pathways (look for it soon). In the meantime, visit my blog: 30 days of art journaling began June 1. Lot's of good stuff and vids for you.

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU For this, Dianna. It's on my list to do today. Play with paint. In or out of a sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for the energy to get back and carry on with my "Inner Circle" journal, but the thought of another inspirational time with you sounds sooo good! P.S. Forgot to say thanks for your tip on weaving linen strips through an old basket in your post the other day. - Another "Diana" special! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, I believe that may have been something from Jude Hill's blog? Not sure anymore ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.