Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pathways to Inspiration


Jamie Fingal here - a little accordion book made with tags that you buy at an office supply store (I used these in my last post in May).  Make Time for Art  - The tags are painted with watercolors and then outlined with a Flair pen.  Tags were glued to larger pieces of heavy index paper that were outlined with a variety of designs using Crayons, and then painted with watercolors. 
Part of my signature style as a quilt artist is to make houses with cups and saucers on the roofs.  The pathway to a friend's house - 1) Make Time for Art; 2) Peace and Comfort
Pathway to words to live by - 3)  Laughter, 4) Be Bold, Be Strong

more words - 5)  Kindness; 6) Love



Pathway to conquer my fears - making it a daily practice  - 7)  Be Brave
This is the back - how I put it together, so each page would fold, and stand up by itself.  Leftovers from the backgrounds were folded and glued onto the backs.  I put them inside a heavy book to let them dry, so they would be flat.  Nothing like something pretty for the back!  Make Time for Art!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie; your accordian book is so unique; love the concept houses and teacups. Lovely designs/drawings and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorably whimsical little designs. How clever. I really like the use of the luggage tags and making a book of them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your houses. Great way to display them in an accordion fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like the idea of the luggage tags and your art is wonderful. But, my favorite is the back, another artwork filled with color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely, colorful, and inspirational!! what a creative idea for simple ordinary objects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this little book, I must make one too! Thanks Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your whimsical style Jamie! I love to give in to Whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little accordion book, Jamie! I especially love how the house in the last image looks like it is ducking from something, and then I realized I was looking at the opening for the tag string! LOL. But it is perfect with the "Be Brave" title. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little tag houses with teacups are very inspiring! I love how you made them into the accordian book and the way the leftovers from backgrounds made another design on the back which are really the hinges holding the whole thing together, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your combination of colours, space and words in these little cute drawings that became a cute little book. Thanks for sharing, it's very inspiring indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.