Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thread Paths-susan sorrell

When I was thinking of my sketch for June's theme..I had decided to simplify my designs. I think I was getting overwhelmed by all the wonderful work I am seeing by the others here on the blog..so I am taking a deep breath and slowing down. Plus, I am on vacation and my brain is on coasting mode. ;)


From this sketch I developed a piece, using a linen napkin as a background I had brought at a thrift store. I am going to add some more stitches to it..but right now I am letting it percolate. :)



6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Susan! I love to work on old linens too. I worked on a piece that I did last February in the Susan Sorrell style. I'll have to send you a photo. All the best, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make a fabric collage on an old linen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to both see the sketch and the almost-finished piece. Love it, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that you used a linen napkin for your surface!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I am trying to go "green" and use old linens as my background or paint on top of old fabrics to give them new life. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.