Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Botanical with a flair

eucalyptus in bloom
Jane LaFazio here. I had so much fun with this page! First, I'm working in a larger journal than usual--it's like 9x12". I drew from real life, as always, from snippets of a Eucalyptus leucoxylon 'rosea' (White Ironbark) down the street. 

eucalyptus in bloom
As I drew each part of the flower, pod, leaf, I also did some pattern drawings, inspired by the real things. FUN! I plan to use these patterns in my other artwork somehow. Like I do my the 4th chapter of my DVD (or download) 'from art journaling to art.'
eucalyptus in bloom  eucalyptus in bloom

6 comments:

  1. I am so into this botanical drawing of yours. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Jane. Love the botanicals and esp the negative space one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean lines of these Jane...right up my drawing alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are quite lovely Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I love this organic study feel, yet it is playful. I can see why you had so much fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.