Sunday, July 10, 2011

Element: Air

sketch by Lyric Kinard

I saw Cirque Du Soliel a few nights ago.
I made this sketch when I got home.
I had my book there but was just tooooooo jaw-droppingly entranced to get it out.

The element of

I want to fly too.


  1. This sketch is really evocative of Cirque, too, it just leaps off the page!

    We've seen two Cirque shows and we've become lifelong fans.

  2. Saw your title and immediately thought of the animated series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" that my children watched. The graphics in it were brilliant and how they taught the animators by actually teaching them martial arts movements so they understood the flo, rhythm and sequence of the movements the characters were doing was a terrific idea to give realistic movement to their art.

  3. The Cirque is almost unbelievable hm? I do think that a performance like that expands the mind in the area we need to exercise, to take ground in all those unused brain cells. Thanks for sharing this as it has reminded me that we need to exercise our 'wonder' muscle. Lori W at Art Camp for Women.

  4. I love the sketch. (I just bought a ticket to see Dralion in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!)

  5. I was backstage at Cirque in Radio City Music Hall this past weekend for Zarkana, Amazing creativity from every level, but the whole first half centered on Earth, Air, Fire and Water. the show was designed specifically for Radio CIty, if you can see it there, do it, guaranteed inspiration.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.