Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Elements of Art

(Lyric here again) I thought I'd do something fun and post a sketch every day this month over on my blog. I'm going to take five minutes each day and look at the world around me. Find interest, find beauty. Think about it and absorb it as my pencil follows the path of my eye. One little visual thought each day.

Would you like to join me? You don't have to find anything grand. 
Even a waste bin can have beautiful lines. 

So many possibilities.

Of course if you've read my book, or know me and my relentless soapbox campaign (YOU can learn to be an artist!) you know some of the things I'll be going on about are the ELEMENTS of art.

One of this months prizes!
LINE is one of the basic ELEMENTS of the visual language. A letter of the alphabet that artists use to create visual meaning or compositions. 

What is a line?

Look up from your computer and find some lines. Describe them or describe the path your eye takes as it follows the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.