Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Elements of Dress-Up!


Jamie Fingal here - Elements of Dress-Up!  Using manila tags (2x5-ish size) - 5 each

My girl with interchangeable clothing - all dressed up and ready to hit the art scene!
She is getting more daring mixing more colors and patterns

You Go Girl!  Be a trend setter with those jeans under your skirt!

These were all painted with watercolors and outlined with a Flair black pen; variation on the idea - My girl could have a couple of changes to her hair style or even wearing a stylish hat.  Then you could color copy them and make them into invitations, art cards or even postcards.  Photo transfer them onto fabric for a small quilt.  The possibilities are endless!

11 comments:

  1. Jamie i just love the way you have used the tags. It's adorable and of course the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! You are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how adorable are these! They make me want to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!! what a great idea! May do this with my Mundo Lindo kids in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! When I was little I loved those change out dolls. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! What a cute idea!! I'll have to try this with the kids tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! I think it would be fun to make more, and put a front and back cover on them, and attach with rings. Just like the books from long ago where you could change things back and forth, even the head. Go and make something creative every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! What fun they would be to make. Let's make more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving these! makes me nostalgic for those colorform toys I had when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.