Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge: Element - Air and Earth
















By Violette

A couple of days ago I bought a new pair of shoes for walking and biking. Whever I wear them I smile - so i decided that i would sketch them. Apart from doodling I have not been drawing too much the past 3 weeks due to holidays and entertaining family and attending a wedding. So when i needed to come up with a sketch for this challenge i thought "YES!! I'm going to draw my shoes!" I feel that when you draw something which gives you joy you immortalize it in some way. The reason why I say these shoes embody the elements of Air and Eart is because wearing them feels like you are walking on a cloud and yet you do have contact with the earth! Read more here http://www.violette.ca/2011/07/11/sketchbook-challenge-elementair-and-earth/

1 comment:

  1. Drawing things that making you smile is so simple and satisfying! and I'd be smiling if I had those shoes too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.