Monday, October 3, 2011

A Cool Way to Enjoy Your New Sketchbook Challenge E-Zine!

Leslie here.  I want to show you what I did with my personal copy of the Sketchbook Challenge e-zine.
Often, with "how-to" books I know I'll be referring to frequently, I like to cut off the spine of the book, laminate the front and back covers, and spiral-bind the book.  The book is easier to lay open flat and it seems much handier to me.
I decided to print out my copy of the e-zine at 90% of the size so I wouldn't cut off the edges of the print.
I emailed the file to my local UPS store and they printed, laminated, and bound it for me.
I love this e-zine (disclaimer:  I have an article in it) because it is full of great tutorials that I intend to use.
Here is the result!

Here are the first 2 pages of Sue Bleiweiss' tutorial

Oh!  And, by the way, I was the featured guest this past weekend on Artistically Speaking, with host Rebecca Parsons.  You can listen to my interview here.


  1. Great idea on how to bind it to use! I am going to try this too!! :)

  2. You girls rock! I just downloaded my Sketchbook Challenge E-Zine and I am one happy camper. The articles are all SUPERB as is the instruction. All the authors are on my ever expanding list of favorite artists. Thank you, thank you, thank you one and all!

  3. I will be downloading this as soon as im home! I'm always getting my dad to print and spiral bind things like cross stitch charts and step by step things. So much easier!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.