Sunday, October 30, 2011


Carol here.

I began the month with peeks into my sketchbook of my interpretation of the theme "view/views".
I wanted to create a triptych of a compilation of my (kayak) view from the ocean side of Charleston Harbor...with a little artistic licence taken.
I've posted two or three phases of the paintings this month and am now ready to show you the end result.

 "The Harbor's View"
©Carol Sloan 2011
This is the panels pushed all together. I wanted you to see the entire space of the piece together.

I've hung the panels about an inch (or so) apart on the wall, like this -

Sue will be posting the prize winners in a day or two so be sure to post your image (s) on the Flickr site.
Thank you for playing along with me this month! I've enjoyed looking through your sketchbook pages and reading the interaction between everyone.

We (as the hosting artists) have been reading emails voicing gratefulness for the Challenge. How the entire thing has made a difference in some of your lives.

I wanted to take the time to thank all of you who have been/who are participating in our challenge. It warms my heart to see how so many people are willing to you all are giving yourselves a chance at this art thing.

It's not easy for a "grown up" (I prefer "older child") to try something new or to put handwork out there when they are so unsure of themselves.

You all have been so very brave.

And I sure hope that your view -
of yourself,
of your artwork,
of your ability,
of your capability,
of who you are -
is changing with each push that you give yourself.


  1. That looks amazing. What a great idea. How big are each panel?

    Yes, I am so happy a friend told me about the Challenge because I haven't "colored" in so long and it has been a blast! So glad to hear there will be a 2012 Challenge!!

  2. DeeRoo- each panel is about 15"x5". We are so glad to have you join us. We all need a place that is completely accepting of us and our creative spirits, don't we? We are all looking forward to 2012!

  3. WOW! Thanks for sharing the steps it took to create this beautiful piece!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.