Thursday, October 6, 2011

Work Table View

Carol here.

As promised, I will show you a couple of more peeks at the new triptych "Harbor's View" that I'm working on for this month's theme "View".

I am using MDF boards that I covered with gesso before beginning to work. I sketched out my design in my sketchbook (see here) and when I was (relatively) happy with it, I sketched it onto the panels.

Then the fun began...

I used a mix of acrylic, gouache, Inktense watercolor pencils and a tiny bit of Neocolor II pastels. I tend to grab whatever is in view on my messy studio table.

I've blocked in the first layer of the sky.
I actually used alcohol to make some texture spots in the sky but changed my mind and will go back and fill them in or alter them somehow later.


Again, this is the first (or maybe second) layer of paint.
I'll continue to add details, more layers and shading.

A couple of times when my husband and I have kayaked in the Charleston Harbor (South Carolina), we have taken a spin around the Battery. From that view point, we can see many of the beautful and historic homes. I've taken a little artistic liberty in designing mine...and the colors that I will paint them.


I hope that you're all enjoying the October theme!
Make sure to post your sketches in the Flickr site and tag them with the October code. I'm sure that the give away will be fantasitc again this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.