Tuesday, November 29, 2011

imaginary...somethings


imaginary animals
Jane LaFazio here. This was a challenge for me. As you know, I'm more comfortable with realistic subjects (and I don't care for science fiction, and I prefer non-fiction). I started with page of quick continuous line drawings (straight to ink) that I did for the demos when some of the Sketchbook Challenge artists taught a one hour workshop at Make It University at the Houston Quilt Festival earlier this month.
Then, I squinted and strained and tried to fine creatures in the line drawings...
Carla, I think I need to work some more with your wonderful book, Drawing Lab, to get my imagination out of the cobwebs.
imaginary animals

imaginary animals

7 comments:

  1. These are cute. I haven't been able to make anything imaginary at all. I like your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so good to see you out of your comfort zone, Jane. Really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the toothbrush creature, in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your scissors turned into a creature. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great, what a good way of creating imaginary 'things'!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really funny and lovely ! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.