Friday, November 18, 2011

KC the little kitty cat

Carol here.

We have a new visitor at the Sloan house.
A little kitty cat (hence the KC) that is slowly stealing our hearts...

They can do that, can't they?

Here he is sitting on top of a stump that was a part of the Bradford Pear tree in our yard.
He was busy grooming himself when I took a series of photos of him.

Now, even though I like realistic drawn cats, I'm not to fond of actually drawing them myself.
So I decided to take Carla's theme and draw what my imagination sees of this handsome kitty.

Here's what I came up with.

 I drew this one in a split second on a scrap of watercolor paper. I really liked the goofy look on his face so I had to draw another one on a larger piece of paper.
And add a little sky behind him.
I'm thinking that these would make the cutest cards and book covers, eh?

He doesn't really wear pink claw polish, I just wanted to add that...
His butt really is that little though...


  1. I am a die hard dog person. You know, people are usually one or the other. But I must say both, the photo and your sketches can melt even the coldest of kitty hearts. Both are just so darn cute and cuddly.

  2. Love your drawings! This is such a fun theme. I am teaching a children's art class and we are doing the theme too. Carla's book is such a help!

  3. I like your kitty better than real kitties. Could be because yours is hypoallergenic, but I think it is his charm.

  4. I love this kitty's shy intensity. What beautiful eyes he has. Your interpretations are fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration!

  5. What a sweeeeet kitty kat...and I love your kat...made me smile!!

  6. Thank you everyone! He REALLY is soooo cute. My husband is NOT a kitty person and even he likes him! (thank goodness)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.