Saturday, November 19, 2011

One-Liner Animal Drawings

Hello! It's Carla again!

Here is a short instructional video I made for one of my online classes recently...

Imaginary Creatures Camp • Day 1 • Draw from Silly U on Vimeo.

I hope you like it!!


  1. Sometimes my quick one line drawings are more evocative than 'studies'!
    they move freer-and are more playful. Thanks!

  2. I love it! I will try it with the kids in my art class. They loved the number game drawings! Thanks Carla

  3. Hi Carla, Sam Berry here. I really liked the video and I want to take one of your classes. That's all I got. Hey, don't say that. NO, no, mom no don't write that

  4. I'll have to try this...seems in college we did something similar. We started with contour drawings, then we progressed to these, and we also did "blind contour drawings" where we did not look at our hand nor the paper where we were drawing. It does require spontaneity and forethought, all at the same time you are trying to "loosen" up your drawings! It's cool to see the progressions.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.