Friday, December 23, 2011

Old Peeling Metal

Susan Sorrell-I love going to these places that sell old house furnishings for people restoring old homes. I came across some wrought iron fences, grates or gates leaning against each other and I loved how the spaces and designs blended together. Plus the peeling paint is awesome!!


I cropped my image and did a drawing of just the top part of the photo.


I was wondering what I would use this drawing for and I got an idea! Santa brought me a new Android camera/phone for Christmas and I thought I would play with some of the Photo Apps that are available. Wow..I never thought I would be able to be so creative with my phone! Here are some of the filters I used on the drawing.
I made my drawing "fat".

Here it is in Fish Eye.

Mirror image vertically.

Mirror image horizontally.

Opposites

Colored and Curved

Colored and Mirrored

Mosaic 

There are a bunch more, but you get the idea! I can see a lot of different ways I could use this as a fiber art or embroidery piece. It is nice to take a drawing and make it into a whole new image!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

Susan Sorrell :>
www.creativechick.com



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue! Having fun with my new Android phone and all the apps!! I can see this giving me more freedom to create without worrying about having a camera with me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.