Friday, December 16, 2011

The Vintage Look


My house is filled with many vintage looking keepsakes at Christmas-time.  I love the look of something being old, and adornments being smooshed, and tattered, with colors fading, and the old glitter enhancing their faces .   A person might think that they are ready for the trash bin, but I love the charm that they hold.  My version of "decayed."  I painted my three favorite snowmen heads.

I painted with watercolors first, then the outline was done with a fine tip Sharpie pen.

I added Prisma Glitter (from my rubber stamp days), secured with matte medium.  Then I added several strokes of a silver Shiva Paintstick, to give it even more of a vintage look.
Scuffed up the finished product at bit, to give it that "vintage" well loved look. My snowmen wish you a very happy holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Love the snowmen. Makes me happy to look at them - I have an old snowman my daughter made in grade school. I happily sit it in a windowsill by the Christmas tree each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fine snowmen indeed, looking quite vintage! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely and so remind me of the party hats we had at Christmas in the early 60s. Wonderful memories!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.