Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dimensional Doodles

Pam Carriker here and excited to be part of the 2012 Sketchbook Challenge Team!















I love to use my Pitt Artist Pens for doodling. They come in a variety of nib types and sizes so mark making with them is fun and interesting! Here I used a coaster for inspiration, layering images on top of each other to create dimension.
















Pitt Brush Tipped Pens in the Shades of Grey have long been a favorite doodling tool because you can create depth with the different shades.















And because they are waterproof india ink you can use water soluble pencils or other wet media right over the top. I used Inktense pencils for this.


I loved the simple scroll in the coaster design so I continued to play with it and my pens.















Doodle inspiration can be found all around. Just look for interesting shapes and textures in everyday objects, doodle them with black pen and then use the graduated shades of grey to add dimension.

11 comments:

  1. Very charming with the scrolling and bunting flags. Beautiful drawings - quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!!! ... and now, I have to look into those pens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, just signed up for the Sketchbook Challenge last night, then sat down and my mind locked. I was stunned, I've never had a problem doodling until required to do it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to be following the Sketchbook Challenge Blog and hope to create something worthy!
    Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way cool Pam! I learned something great. Congrats on being featured! Riki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great patterns, sketches, doodles, whatever! I'm off to play too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was beautiful, thanks I learned something new, and I love Pitt pens.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are ever so cool and sparked a lot of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After watching your tutorial on Shades of Grey I added Pitt pens to my Christmas list and Santa brought them! I have been having fun doodling with them. Thank you for all your inspiration, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.