Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Doodle Websites

Susan Sorrell-I am always looking for ideas and find these great website that help with doodling skills. I once had a student tell me she couldn't doodle and I needed to teach her how. I just figured everyone doodled....there was no correct way. So, for anyone trying to doodle and can't get the hang of it, here are some helpful sites and suggestions.


-ZenTangles



"Zentangle method is a way of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is fun and relaxing. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being."


This is a great technique that has prompts. You can buy books with ZenTangle ideas and kits. Plus they have a blog that has some really interesting posts.


-Doodle Anonymous 






"Doodlers Anonymous was founded to celebrate our addiction, and like any other, we're hooked. The need to draw, sketch, and doodle is constant. We doodle on almost anything we can find — pencil in a moleskine, marker on a napkin, ink on a torn receipt, sharpie on concrete. And we do it habitually — while on hold, in a meeting, during class, or while we should be sleeping."



It is free to join this site and there are some wonderful doodles on here. A treasure trove of ideas. They have featured artists and an email newsletter to keep you up to date on the sites postings.


-Doodle Studio



You can doodle online and using a screen capture download it to your Desktop to save. ;)




"Print out as many as you want and please share them with others. These pages are perfect for all ages, kids to adult."

These are PDF coloring sheets and are free to download and share. Lots of great ideas on this site.



This site animates your doodles. It is fun watching the doodles and drawing come to life. :)




There are people that use use Moleskin sketchbooks to draw in. I have several and love them. All different sizes and kinds for you to choose from. There are sites just dedicated to Moleskine drawing. Here is a Flickr Group to post your Moleskine doodles,plus if you do a Flickr search there are lots of different doodle groups. :)

Doodle by Jim Bradshaw


If you have some doodle sites you would like to share, please leave a link in the comment section. 

Doodle by Werdnus_Roo


Remember that National Doodle Day is March 5th!!

















8 comments:

  1. To me "Doodle skills" is a oxymoron. Doodling is mindless markmaking and once it becomes something that needs instructions for a skill set, it's not longer doodling but designing. Not that it's a bad thing, but when it comes to doodling, I see it as an open ended practice without a desired outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite inspiration for doodling are henna designs.
    On this site I found free pdf's filled with great patterns:
    http://www.tapdancinglizard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought everyone could scribble and doodle, but a lot of people as they get older lose this ability to just let go. Sometimes they need a prompt to get those creative juices flowing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love zentangling! Thanks for the other links. More fun stuff to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. I'm going to bookmark it so I can check out all the links. Thanks for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the websites and sources...thanks for sharing...I love doodling and have always done it...it is just an obsession. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the links Susan! There were a couple of these that I didn't know about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, i am new in this site. I hope i could contribute some of my works too.. I really love your works :)


    Here is my site

    http://www.hookworks.net/doodle-arts.html

    ReplyDelete