Friday, January 27, 2012

Multi-Medium Doodling

Hello all, Jill K. Berry here.Add Image
Today I want to talk about drawing the same thing, with different mediums.
I made four rectangles in my journal, then found a tree stump to draw.
I drew the first one with graphite.


The second one with a pointed pen and walnut ink, a couple of hours later to let the light change.

The third one I did a bit later, with a Sketch and Wash Pencil.

The fourth one I used a shell and some gouache.


Four tree stumps, four mediums. Get out the stuff you have been meaning to try, and doodle your poodle! Or a tree stump, an apple, your kid, the UPS guy. Draw anything, it feels good.

8 comments:

  1. Love the variety...just shows what is possible with different mediums...great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you did them side by side in your sketchbook! I also like that Sketch & Wash for certain applications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "doodle your poodle" now that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grand exercise. and i like how you laid them all out in your squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second FryeStyle's comment. That last one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sketches are wonderful. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.