Thursday, January 26, 2012

Passing the Time Doodles

Jamie Fingal checking in.   I love to doodle, and it's like second nature to me. I really draw them for nothing in particular (no specific project in mind), except for the fact that it is very relaxing.  I always have a journal at home and the studio and carry one in my purse.  I am never without a pen.  It's a great way to inspire myself to do other art, as I may take one of those flowers and use it in one of my art quilts sometime in the near future.  This is the kind of art that I create when I am sitting and waiting in an office, on the couch while watching TV, or in an airport. 

I got a little carried away here, but thought that I would challenge myself with color, since most of my doodles are done with simple a black pen.  This was drawn with Sharpies first, then outlined, and detailed.  Yes, this was really relaxing and I got lost in just the joy of creating something really fun.  It would make great fabric, so I might order some on Spoonflower.

And since I drew this with Sharpie pens, it made a nice impression on the back, a softer look.

Another fun doodle.  So I hope that I have inspired you to just draw and have fun with no restraints.  Give it your best shot!  Dream, Inspire, Create!

11 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the bright festive feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great. My favorite is the last one. I also like looking at the backs of mine when I use a sharpie. It does make a nice effect.
    Thanks for sharing
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the patterns. I might try doodling soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly what I thought when I saw the drawings - great fabric from Spoonflower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool doodles.. something I want to be able to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your doodles!! I also like the back. Thanks for keeping us inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind comments about my doodles! You all rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love those sharpie pens for doodling also. They make doodling extra therap------. Don't know how to spell it, but you know what I mean. Coloring with them is even more delicious. All your drawings are always wonderlicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool doodles Jamie! I like to doodle too, esp. at baseball games.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.