Sunday, February 26, 2012

close up through the camera lens

Sue B here...

I really love the theme that Kelli chose for this month but I have to confess to having a bit of creative block about working with it.   To try and motivate myself to work in my sketchbook I turned to my favorite way to capture images: my camera.  I grabbed my camera and started with some photos from around the studio and then moved outside (thanks to an incredibly warm winter here in Massachusetts taking photos outside in February this year has been a very pleasant experience!), and I thought I'd share some of the "close up" views I saw through my camera lens ...

First from inside the studio...

from the paint shelf
on the worktable

Inka Gold tubs
and then outside...

up close and personal with a pine cone

a flower bud

a fallen tree
bleeding hearts
a tree bud looks glorious when viewed up close!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful images. That tree bud is gorgeous. I'll have to look closer this spring as they start to emerge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photos for inspiration! I'm enjoying following along and admiring this month's theme but am still doodling along in my sketchbook with last month's theme. I'll be into close-up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos, Sue. Especially, pinecone, fallen tree. It took me a moment to recognize!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.