Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello Sports Fans

Carol here.

Well, it's that time of year again friends...
The time of year that I pack up my "Art To Go" kit, grab my travel watercolors, lots of paper, pencils, pens and my hat.
I travel to parts unknown and new (to me anyway), bask in the sunshine (and cold), enjoy the views and catch a few of them on paper.

What time of the year is it, you may ask?
Just America's favorite pastime time (huh?)!

It's Baseball Season!
Those of you that know me (love me) (haha) know that my husband is a college umpire.
I travel with him sometimes and usually sit and draw while I am pretending to watch the game (is he reading over my shoulder??).

Here's a close-up of the fence at a local field. I cropped out the rest of the page (a journal page) as I had written highly secretive and damaging information on the rest of the page.
If you read it, I'd have to kill you.

Wouldn't want that so I'll just share the drawing.
It's on my favorite paper, Exact Vellum Bristol, drawn with my favorite pen, a Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen.


It's harder than I thought to draw that chain link fence...you really have to look at it closely.
If you look at my drawing closely, you'll be able to see that I got distracted a couple of times, probably by a home-run .

Get outside, draw your world!

3 comments:

  1. Lol, good drawing! It's the crossovers in the wire that get mucked up as I've tried drawing barb wire before and ended with lines where there shouldn't be. I'll be taking a 9 hour train ride on the weekend so I should take my sketchpad and pencil as well as the camera to while away the time with :).
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Carol. I love this drawing: there is something very focused about taking in a small area like the section of fencing and focusing on it that is very appealing. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking fence Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.