Saturday, March 3, 2012

close ups/flowers

Laura here, a.k.a. "The White Rabbit'. I love the February theme of close ups, and of course flowers are a passion. Since I'm running a little late (or early, depending on your point of view) here are two drawings, close ups, of dried out flowers, left from earlier in the month.

My intention was for a contour drawing, that is, a continuous line, looking only at the edges and lines of the forms. The weight of the line can suggest how close an edge is, or emphasize a detail.
Sadly, my camera has gone on walk about, so these pix were taken with my phone. I hope the camera reappears soon . I also hope you will try contour drawing.

The trick is to just LOOK at what is in front of you and move your pen or pencil to follow what your see. Do not lift the point from the page, do not erase. This is an exercise is seeing what is in front of you instead of trying to draw what you think is there. Have fun and be patient, it is an act of patience with self and worth it. A meditative means of expression and exploration is always a good way to spend a few minutes..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.