Friday, March 9, 2012

Realistic Imaginary Flowers

The temple bell stops but I hear the sound coming out of the flowers. Basho
Flowers Like Rocks, Diana Trout'
When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one and a lily with the other. Chinese Proverb
Poppies Sketch, Diana Trout 
Earth laughs in flowers. Ralph Waldo Emerson 
Square Flowers, Diana Trout
Orange Blossom, Diana Trout
Diana Trout here ... Flowers really are the visual language of joy. They give off the scent of freedom and the wild perfume of innocence. Yes. I like flowers. Do you?

Though, I draw from my imagination in most cases, there is a great deal of drawing that came before. To learn to paint/draw a thing, I immerse myself first in a complete sensual understanding of that thing. To know that there are always an uneven number of flower petals and the parts of a flower is super important to draw ... ahem ... realistic, imaginary flowers (or anything for that matter)



Research of the most pleasant sort, I'd say and you would surely agree.

Star Flower Sketch, Diana Trout

5 comments:

  1. I love these - original and creative. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have played around with the shape, great sketches! This week on the flower theme I have been playing about with shape too on flowers in my sketchbook too, hope to get them uploaded to flickr over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'd never thought about the idea of needing some realism in imaginary flowers (or anything else). Intriguing! And it obviously works - love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such creative flowers! Love them..

    ReplyDelete