Friday, April 20, 2012

The Eyes Have It

I stumbled upon this great quote and immediately wrote it in one of my journals. I have always collected aphorisms. My very first "journals" in college were simply collections of wisdom, thoughts and quotes which inspired me.

"All we can do is describe what we see." 
And this is what we do as artists. We share our unique vision with the world. In that way, we open our eyes to the world and record those visions. The eyes definitely have it. 



Going through my sketchbooks, eyes play a large role. There are eyes on onions, trees full of eyes, leafy eyes, hands with a central eyeball and more. They are captivating. An opening to the soul? Perhaps. 


All we can do is describe what we see. So open your peepers and share your vision with the world. Kelli








4 comments:

  1. I love your faces and especially your whimsical eye drawings! You have inspired me to go back to drawing faces and especially eyes again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such striking paintings! thank you for sharing,
    hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Love the quote and especially these awesome drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great saying and great sketches.
    Lynn
    One I Made Esrlier Today

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.