Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pears

Pam Carriker here to share a love of drawing pears~
I love to draw pears. You can't make a mistake! The organic shape is so free and lovely. These were created using Liquid Pencil on collaged ledger pages to sketch them, then light washes of acrylic paint were added over the top.
Same thing using some sheet music for the background.
This one is acrylic paint with PanPastel over the top on a Sanded Wallis Paper substrate.
So grab a pear and set it in an area with a good light source and and sketch away!

12 comments:

  1. fantastic pears Pam. I love the way they look on the ledger background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the idea of using other already printed on paper as a background. Lends something to it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just posting pears on my blog when I saw your exciting and intriguing post. Since I too love pears I am sure yours will inspire me to continue working with them. Your layering gave the pears substance and mystery all at the same time. Thanks
    www.julie-annemcdonald.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely I like the backgrounds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the background papers just add so much interest to the pears! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pears are the best! I was just thinking I needed to buy some and draw them for this month's challenge. Love yours, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pears Pam, really luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you guys, just gotta love a fruit that you can't go wrong drawing;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ledger paper adds a warm and vintage quality to the painting and your rendering of the pears is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the light in your painting Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love pears for some reason - and I love these examples here.

    I did my own digital pear with musical notes this week.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sketchbook-challenge-fruits-and-veggies.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.