Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Capturing a visit, in a page

North Carolina
Sketchbook page by Jane LaFazio
Jane LaFazio here. Even though I adore the theme of circles, I've been teaching and traveling so much, I haven't had time to devote to a circle page in my journal. So, I've 'sayin' this page has circle shaped stools on it, and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. My page from a recent trip to North Carolina.

North Carolina
Add caption

@drawing in the garden
A few minutes of drawing in the garden of the B&B we stayed in, in Saluda, North Carolina.

North Carolina
Add caption
Drawing while eating breakfast, I just wanted to capture the feel of the place.
wards
Ward's Grill
my sketchbook 2
Husb and I sat in the shade, drinking iced teas, drawing downtown.
don and me drawing in saluda
I realized I rarely draw cars, so I practiced, after I'd done the downtown scene.
saluda car in tombow
a car, done with a water-soluble pen
The wheels are circles....

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,

    I love this journal page and the accompanying photos of your visit to lovely Saluda.

    As to the circles - your page also has a circular ceiling fan. Definitely a circle theme.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane I enjoy visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing your journal. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that your husband shares your love of drawing!
    The town reminds me of my Arkansas hometown with downtown buildings have similar architecture, though I'm sure no trained architect was involved.
    I'm enjoying your vacation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More circles: the letter o in North Carolina, the shape of the flower, the path of the fan blades, looking down at the top of the paper towel roll . . . need I say more?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane love the composite page of your visit. I noticed that you seem to have taken the original binding off of your journal and hold it together with rings. I would love to know more. What motivated you to do this? What do you add to the book you can't add if original binding is left intact? or is there another reason behind it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little nook in the garden, great place to sketch :). I love your detail sketches of the grill, and the 3 red stools :). TFS!. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.