Monday, July 2, 2012

Circles, Circles, Everywhere! Yay!

Leslie here.  I was really excited when I saw the theme for July because I am completely obsessed with the circular shape.  I see circles everywhere.  I love rocks and cellular microscopy.  I am endlessly photographing these shapes.  Because I am so obsessed it was very easy to pull out a LOT of circular imagery from my photo file. I thought I would share some with you to get your juices flowing and to begin thinking about all the things that are circular that can be sketched.
Okay, I admit I went a little crazy, but I pulled these up in less than 5 minutes.  This tells you the extent of my obsession.
stacked veggies

coral tubules

water bore-holes in tumbled limestone

cherries (and pits!)

peaches (and the individual blackberry seeds)

sewer manholes

knobs

bread

double rainbows (okay, it is a quarter circle)

ammonite (this is huge and was found on my grandparents' farm in central Kansas)

rolls of fabric

...and MORE rolls of fabric!

and more...

a stack of plates
cross cut logs

cacti

dye buckets!

Please start looking at your environment for all the circles that are in your life.  Pick a few things out and draw them!  I have more images on my blog so please stop by and take a look at even more cool, weird stuff!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Wowser....thanks for making me look in the less obvious directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Jane has hit a really lively nerve. A circle is part of each of us, if we wobble it a little and think of the egg we started out as, etc. Circles are everywhere and life itself is a circle/cycle.Gotta love it. Thanks for sharing your great images.
    www.julie-annemcdonald.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I never realized that circles were so interesting before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get me started on cell structures. I'm obsessed with surface tension and pressure on objects, and cells are all of these things: amorphic circular/spherical shapes all scrunched up to one another. Be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. full moon, figerpainting,floaters behind my eyeglasses,case of hives... it's true cycle of circles of life are everywhere,even in end veiw of swim noodles.Good Grief Good Night

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.