Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Circles Observed on my Road Trip

Leslie here.  I've been in California since 7/15:  I flew to Oakland where I met a close friend and we set out in a rented car to repeat a road trip we took together 25 years ago.  We drove to Mendocino and eventually headed south on the Pacific Coast Highway toward Los Angeles, where we co-hosted a baby shower.
Since I see circles everywhere, I decided to photograph a "few" that I observed along the way.
First, some of the sightings from the natural world, then human-created circles:
a huge, fallen limb in a redwood grove


surely, someone created this....

a part of the "ghost" trees on 17-mile drive in Pebble Beach



kelp

a beautiful sunset on Cambria beach
These are pretty weird, but I decided to put them in anyway because I love that you can spot circles almost anywhere, anytime.
Here is part of our picnic lunch at Montgomery Grove

I'm obsessed with the Los Angeles Athletic Club logo.
I stayed here for 3 nights and it was great!


Shower take-home goodies:  jars of Meyer Lemon marmalade with my screenprinted lemons on the tea towels!





3 comments:

  1. I love the fallen trees. The first one reminds me of a horse head with a big eye,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilove the natural items that you added Leslie! And the screen printed towels. Yum...cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.