Sunday, July 15, 2012

Color My World in Circles

Jamie Fingal checking in.  I am in the process of moving my studio, so I am doing more packing than making art lately.  But, I do love using circles in my artwork, and on the furniture that surrounds me in my creative space.  I'm out of the sketchbook today! Circles are such a fun design element.  This is my paint cabinet.  The entire piece was painted with acrylic paint.

The circles are continued on the sides and back

A round globe, using ransom lettering that I made myself, pieces from magazines and newspapers, all adhered with matte medium.

Circles painted onto a dress form, also used a stencil with dots!  Too fun for words!  All with acrylic paint.

A round clock - re-purposed - painted with acrylic paint, stencils, my own artwork on Laser color copies, applied with matte medium, hand painted numbers.  This will be too fun in my new studio!  More pictures of how I made the clock, are on my Twisted Sister blog

I've been painting chairs red, and then painting positive affirmations on them with white acrylic paint.  Yes, there is an extra "L" in soul ful - but my soul is full, and that is why it is spelled that way.  Lots of dots, circles and fun here.  I hope that I've inspired you to think outside the box!


  1. Jaw dropping the floor here!!! I look I LOVE LOVE LOVE your creations! :) I am running over to the blog to follow you tfs!

  2. OMG! I'm stopping by the home center this afternoon for paint! I can't wait to get started on the cabinet in my studio! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

  3. Cool creations Jamie! I can see you in every one of them.

  4. Your art is transformational!

  5. It's all just gorgeous - the dress form might just be my fav but I love them all.

  6. Thank you so much, everyone! I would love to see what you all create! Onward and upward!

  7. That chair just blew me away!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.