Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wishy Washi Circles

Jamie Fingal checking in on 'circles.'  This was so fun to paint with watercolors.  I painted the background first, then kept adding the circles on two different pieces of paper.  One I left whole, and the other was cut out to make the flowers.  It's sort of an illusion from this distance, but you can click on the photo and see it larger.

This one was made with a painted background in light colors, then I cut up Washi paper in different geometric shapes, and pieces of text from a magazine, paper towels and used matte medium to decoupage them onto the paper.  I love the layers of paint and paper.  And if you didn't know it, you would think the entire piece was painted.  I enhanced the circles with more paint to create movement.  I learned this technique in a class I took last year from artist, Gerald Brommer.  

This piece was done with Washi paper, and a little paint, with some magazine text thrown into the mix!  Ripped pieces of paper create a gentle flow.  I love how vibrant the colors are in some of the Washi paper.  These pieces were a warm up to making this house landscape below, and there are a few dots and circles in this, which goes with the theme 'circles.'


  1. I really love all these pieces - a great reminder to "work out" before I create. The houses and landscape are just fabulous. Thanks for sharing the process!

  2. These are really fabulous, Jamie. Vibrant and exciting!

  3. Gosh, this looks too cool! Gotta get my paints out and try it.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.