Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 2012 theme

Sue B here with the theme for August 2012...

Shelter
a dwelling place or home considered as a refuge

So the first thing that probably comes to mind when you see the word shelter is the home that you live in right?


But you can also find shelter...

under a tree


under an umbrella at the beach


You can also find shelter ...
in the arms of a loved one 
under a warm blanket
in the company of friends
in a memory

and sometimes when life gets too hectic I find shelter in a quiet moment and a hot cup of coffee ...
(all my sketches were done on my Ipad sketch using the Paper by Fifty Three app)

And here's a few other ways to approach shelter:
birds find shelter in a birdhouse or a nest
a woodland creature can find shelter under a mushroom cap
bees find shelter in a hive
ants find shelter in a hill
 dogs find shelter in a doghouse (or in the case of my dogs, under my sewing table!)
horses find shelter in a barn

 Looking forward to seeing how everyone interprets this theme - have fun with it!

The theme for August 2012 is
Shelter

Special Prize Giveaway Announcements for August 2012:

Prize package giveaway from Gelli Arts:


One lucky winner will receive an 8"x10" Gelli Art plate!


Prize Package from Meinke Toy:

one lucky winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Meinke Toy!

Prize package from Blue Twig Studio: 

one lucky winner will receive a 4 pack of Pitt journaling artist pens!

Prize package from Art & Soul Retreats:

One lucky winner will receive a Koi Water Color paint set along with some additional brushes and a watercolor paper tablet!

Prize package from your Sketchbook Challenge hosts:
 3 lucky winners will receive a piece of mail art from one of the sketchbook challenge artists!

___________________________________________

How to be eligible for prize drawings: 
In order to be eligible for one of the August 2012 prize packages you must post at least one photo of a sketchbook page related to the August 2012 theme to the Sketchbook Challenge Flickr group and you MUST tag one of your photos with the code "aug345".  
 
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TAGGING YOUR PHOTOS WITH THE PRIZE CODES:  PLEASE DO NOT TAG MORE THAN ONE PHOTO WITH THE PRIZE TAG - IT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING AND IT MAKES IT HARDER AND MORE TEDIOUS TO GENERATE THE WINNING LIST EACH MONTH - THANK YOU!
 

  Post as many photos as you like but only put the special tag on one of them.

Information on how to upload photos to flickr can be found here.

Winners will be chosen by random draw on the last day of August and announced here on the Sketchbook Challenge blog.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue! I am really excited about this theme for August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog. I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated. I just started to sketch. I'll have to think about this. FYI- nice sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suzy. Please don't be intimidated, just jump in and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this theme better than Circles! Thank you for all those ideas, Sue - your sketches are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WhoooOoHOooo....drawing houses is my most favoritest thing and what a great bunch of prizes!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that app...paper by 53! Your sketches are great. I am doing a daily doodle with the app and posting it on Facebook under the name Pamela Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so great, I am so excited to have found this!! {will be creating and then posting my photo very soon} ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any time I hear the word "shelter" I automatically think of The Rolling Stones- I'm sure a few of you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, thanks Sue, can't wait to contribute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for just this thing! Thank you for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great site! Happy to have found you all. I'm spreading the word to my artist friends as well as on my own writing and creativity blog. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.