Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gimme Shelter

Little Houses by Jane LaFazio
Jane LaFazio here. Like so many artists, I love the simple house shape as a design element. And I love paper folding. The little row of houses sits on the mantel of my fireplace. I made them all, using the pattern from this issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.
These are made from maps. I used stencils and spray gesso to create the surface design.
I also made the house out of cloth that I'd printed, and stiff interfacing. It came out a little wonky.

Made from a copy of a photo of the house I grew up in.
 ~ by Jane LaFazio

This house was folded from old book pages, from directions in Playing with Books by Jason Thompson.


  1. I Love all of your work Jane. Adore the houses...may make a little village for my mantle.

  2. Oh, I do love houses aswell. And yours are just great. I specially like the one which is folded from bookpages.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.