Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Hour

Terri here.  No, I haven't been out drinking!  But the colorful little umbrellas that I'm sharing with you today are something you normally find in a yummy and thirst-quenching beverage.



Throughout my childhood, I collected these fun little drink decorations.  It's one of the few things I collected that I still have today.  My entire collection, which isn't large, is shown above.  Many of these are 30 to 40 years old I suppose.  And some of them are quite faded.


I know these little umbrellas don't offer much protection as far as shelter goes (well maybe to a bug), but imagine what they would be like if they were life size.  They'd be very beautiful all lined up on a lovely beach, sheltering our bodies from the sunshine.


The jar below is where I store my little parasol collection.  I don't add to my collection, mainly because I don't have any more room in my jar.


I was browsing through my sketchbooks and came across two drawings I did within the past few years that include an umbrella.  They were originally sketched in pencil so it was somewhat difficult to get a decent photo of them.



In this last photo, I played with them in Photoshop, overlaying an image of one of my decorative umbrellas over the top of the sketch.  I then added some other filters and color adjustments.


2 comments:

  1. love the post - lost the sketch and yes, I still have a few of those in my little box of treasures!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.