Sunday, August 12, 2012

In the Shelter of My Arms

Hi All,
Pam Carriker here~
Boy, I don't know about you but this summer has flown by on the wings of a bird! At times it's hard to find time to create art and the shelter of the studio seems miles away from traveling, summertime activities with the family, and the other work that needs to be done.

Shelter is a word we can all relate to and one that shows up often visually in my artwork.

I so wanted to add a page to my Sketchbook Challenge Art Journal on this theme, but finding time is a bit hard right now, so I jumpstarted my page with one of my stamp images from my 'Poetic Portraits' line.
This was created from a piece of artwork and I always find it fun to re-explore and revisit my artwork and take it in a new direction.

We often will use a word to jumpstart a journal page, but don't forget that an image can do the same thing visually.

With a stencil, some water soluble media, and some pens, I was able to quickly create a journal page and revel a little while in the shelter of my Art Journal.


  1. wonderful to see your art, each and every piece.

  2. u are the queen of reusable artwork love how this turned out ...

    hugz bev

  3. I really like your style, especially your techniques for drawing faces.

  4. Beautiful work, and so nice to see the progression.

  5. Beautiful artwork Pam. I love your color palette!

  6. Love the artwork in this post Pam. The color palette is so soft and soothing.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.