Thursday, August 16, 2012

My shelter


Warm summer greetings!  Kari here.  Been on the road alot, so took the opportunity to do a little work in my digital journal.  I've been scurrying around like a 10 pack of crazy fulfilling teaching commitments, making art, editing and designing books, writing proposals and doing a bazillion things to pay the mortgage... Which really made me THINK about what shelter meant to me!  Although I really love my house, and as a shelter it certainly fills the bill nicely, it is not what comes to mind instantly when I hear the word shelter.  MY shelter is portable.  It travels with me.  It is within me.  My shelter is my faith.  My faith in a loving heavenly father.  My faith in my family and it's heritage and tradition.  My faith in my marriage and my husbands love.  These are the things that come to mind when I hear the word shelter.  Although the world can be harsh sometimes, my shelter allows me a place to heal and take comfort.  My hope is that each of you have a shelter of your own where you feel peace and love. 



1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.